Are you a parent? Are you often worried about your kid’s whereabouts in the virtual world? Then, the best free parental control apps for iPhone and Android can give you peace of mind. They are directed towards helping you regain insight about what your kids are doing instead of what they should be doing.
All kids are extremely different from each other. While some kids might misbehave online some other kids make use of the internet just right. But as a parent, it is your responsibility to make out if your children are on the right path or not. And to find that out having the best parental control app will make the ultimate solution.
How? We will tell you all about it in this article.
The new generation communication tools such as Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, etc. are used by most 21st century kids. When they make an account on these online platforms, they have the power to do anything and everything with them. They can form a habit of hideous things that they don’t want you to find out. And as a parent that would be a trigger point.
Kids are smarter than ever today. They know how to hide things. They know how to find a way out of everything, even the most restricted tasks and things. So, it can be really hard for most parents to figure out how they use these popular and open to all platforms. But parental control apps have certainly changed the dynamics here. From the best phone tracker app without permission to the best spying features, these apps make the best tools to keep eye on their kids. And also, to guide them in the right direction if they are losing their way.
The best parental control app will tell parents about who the kids are talking to, it will let them set strict internet limits and usage schedules, and even aid them in blocking any specific websites. Some apps can even share details on call logs and text messages through instant alerts.
However, it is always good to stay smart and not believe that these apps can do almost anything and everything. They too have some limitations to their usage, especially in the case of any free parental control software. These apps will be maximum beneficial to parents who focus on teaching comprehensive parental control to their kids. To be at their best behavior, whether they are online or offline.
Parents will have to talk to their children about all expectations they have from them if they give them the freedom to surf online. Parents should give their children to speak openly about what they aim to do with the internet. A good parent should always keep in mind to inform their children that they are being monitored. So, they learn to behave responsibly.
Now, let us head to the main highlights of this article.
What is the best parental control app?
Not even the best parental control apps have all the features in the world. Perfection is nothing but an illusion. So, expecting perfection from the best parental control apps for everything is foolishness. However, here are a few notable points that tend to distinguish the best parental control apps from the average ones. These are as follows:
Easy to Use
The best parental control app will have the easiest to use diverse features. All the features will work seamlessly in the hands of the least technologically advanced parents. Every user would easily get hang of each feature in the very first go. Also, all the features will have the most efficient user interface for the most enhanced monitoring app experience.
A genuine parental monitoring app will always come with a powerful web filtering feature. To ensure parents can control how their kids use the internet. Web filtering will help parents block any website that they believe can harm their kids in any way. It will also help block any suspicious or unhealthy websites to save them from the dangers of the web.
Social App Monitoring, Messaging, and Time Restrictions
The best parental control app will tell parents how their kids use social media networking tools such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Skype, and others. The parental app for monitor all their whereabouts on social media and alert them. From letting parents find out their text message contacts, contents, to even instant notification alerts. The monitoring app can tell parents a lot more than they could expect to know. The bonus benefit is that the app also helps parents set up time restrictions and usage schedules to keep children within limits.
The best parental control app for iPhone and Android can help parents find out their kid’s whereabouts. They can keep parents aware of their kid’s whereabouts through real-time location alerts. They can let parents know if their kids have crossed the set safety diameter, especially during school hours. Such as geo-location alerts.
Pricing and Compatible Platforms
There are several free parental control app for Android and iPhone as well as paid alternatives available online. Both, free and paid parental control apps work extremely well. Though some free apps might have limited features, they might be enough for most parents. While for the perfect monitoring experience paid apps will outperform the free ones. The compatibility of the apps with the devices also makes a difference. While some apps will work well with both iOS and Android devices. Others will be compatible with one mobile system only. Also, some apps might require jailbreak while the others will require root to function at their best.
In short, a cell phone parental control app should be easy to use, it should have a genuine web filtering feature, it should function well as social monitoring, messaging, and time scheduling app. The app should also have a location tracking feature, compatibility, and affordability.
The 10 best parental control apps of 2021
NEXSPY makes the best spy app for Android and iPhone devices any day. The app is one of the best parental control apps out there. With its powerful and dynamic features, NEXSPY has now become the wisest choice in the best spy app without target phone category.
Here is a look at the few things that you can do with NEXSPY:
- You can track the real-time location and check the location history of the target device.
- Get keyword alerts when an inappropriate message is typed, sent, or received on your child’s device, you’ll immediately know about it.
- View all messages that include apps like Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, iMessage, Telegram, Skype, hangouts, Line, Viber, tinder, Kik, and Instagram.
- See all multimedia files on your child’s phone through this feature.
- You can even set restricted zones and get alerted
- Full stealth mode
- Stable, high-quality tracking application with advanced features.
- Excellent 24/7 support for when you have a problem.
- Easy to use with a detailed online dashboard with secure access.
- Free to try.
- Jailbreak is required for the iOS version.
Most parents are curious about what their kids do on throughout the day. Smartphones have only made finding this out a lot more difficult. So, apps like Net Nanny can more than help.
- Provide full online activities control to parents to check their activities.
- Provides a live location to let parents know their kid’s whereabouts.
- Gives access to the location history of their children.
- Comes packed with a unique geofencing feature.
- App block and web filter are also available.
- User-friendly web interface.
- Accessible from any computer.
- Enhanced web blocking capabilities.
- Quite expensive.
- Lacks some location features.
- Advanced features have to be purchased.
Read more: Should Parents Monitor Their Child’s Phone?
Qustodio is pretty user-friendly and certainly a great parental monitoring app. With efficient software, Qustodio can track all of your child’s activities in one place.
- Qustodio assists in tracking a variety of mobile devices.
- Qustodio helps in reaching different social media accounts of the children.
- Qustodio app users will gain access to detailed information such as phone calls and text messages.
- Qustodio helps in planning and sticking to the schedule on how much internet should be permitted daily.
- Easy To Use.
- Simple Dashboard Settings.
- Simple Account Setting.
- Provides Control On More Than One User.
- Expensive App.
- Only Facebook Social Media Monitoring.
- In the Case Of Desktop Devices, VPN Breaks The Web Filter.
Are you looking for a great iPhone spy app to monitor your child’s phone? Then, mSpy might make one of the most reasonable choices out there. The seamless and great monitoring software works well with both Android and iOS devices.
- mSpy can track a child’s phone emails, call logs, location, Snapchat, SMS, Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook, etc.
- mSpy conveys users’ information regarding how to conveniently make use of the dashboard.
- mSpy makes the securest platform that prevents a child’s content on the smartphone from being stolen.
- Works on both iPhone and Android devices seamlessly.
- Availability of free trial.
- Extremely pricey subscription plans.
- Message tracking feature available for android devices only.
Bark – Parental Control Monitoring App
Bark is another sensational parental control app. The great app works wonders by analyzing all that a child does with their smartphone and internet. The pioneer spy app gives parents the latest and instant alerts whenever kids are doing something fishy online. The app keeps them up to date by serving them every slightest detail about what the kids have been doing with their phones and the internet.
- Geo-fencing and real-time location available.
- Prevents children from risky frauds online.
- Monitor YouTube by blocking unhealthy videos, websites, and apps.
- Easily identifies any concerning activities.
- Monitors emails, texts, and social media moves.
- Instant parental alerts.
- Genuine web filtering and screen time feature.
- Extremely fewer personalization features.
- Not a very affordable option.
Protecting your children from wrong smartphone and internet usage habits is made easy with the FamilyTime parental control software. The app will act as a filter and aid parents by protecting their children from accessing any kind of appropriate content online. The app is a popular choice for creating a safe zone for all children online. From limiting what kids explore online to monitoring their text messages and call logs. The FamilyTime app will give parents a clear picture of what their kids have been doing online.
- Limits screen time of children according to what their parents will desire.
- Blocks mobile apps and websites that might be inappropriate.
- Adjusts permissions accordingly super-fast.
- Keeps parents up-to-date with their child’s browsing history.
- Provide real-time location updates about the children’s whereabouts.
- The app also provides a family online map.
- Seamless and easy-to-use control panel.
- Compatible with all iOS and Android devices.
- Supports geofencing.
- Not available for Windows.
- No web filtering feature.
- Costly packages.
- Some features don’t work as expected.
Norton Family parental control app is a free parental control software launched by the Symantec Security Company. The full package software consists of not only the best antivirus features but also premier parental monitoring packages. What sets Norton Family apart from other parental control software apps is the fact that it works efficiently with almost all operating systems.
- Protects all personal information through special program features to protect children.
- Gives parents proper control through some great supervision features.
- Gives parents details about what children surf or vocab they use in their smartphone.
- Provides real-time location updates with Wifi support.
- Enables social networking monitoring features.
- Gives access to parents to lock the target device.
- Very affordable and budget-friendly packages.
- Can be used for monitoring more than one device at the same time.
- Seamless and easy-to-analyze dashboard.
Mobicip is another best parental control app that monitor’s your child’s activities both on tablets as well as mobiles. The phenomenal parental control app includes some great features, is highly compatible with most devices, and also, works effectively in hands of the most tech and non-tech advanced parents.
- Contains the extremely essential internet filtering feature.
- Gives parents all the control to limit their kid’s screen time.
- Enable tracking feature to locate multiple target devices with one account only.
- App locking feature also available.
- Well-designed parental monitoring app.
- Very organized web user interface.
- App blocking feature available.
- Supports several operating systems.
- Difficult to bypass desktop browsing restrictions.
- Unlikely iOS configuration.
- No geofencing feature is available.
- Only time scheduling feature available and no time limiting feature.
Kaspersky Safe Kids
Kaspersky is a top-notch parental monitoring app that works well with all iOS, Android, Mac, and computer devices. The app can easily be installed on several devices. The great monitoring app has pretty much everything a parent can expect from a modern parental control app. The app’s excellent services certainly make the software worth mentioning in our list of the best parental control apps 2021.
- Free version available.
- No device limitations.
- Provides safe kids web content filtering features.
- Aids parents in monitoring social media usage of their children.
- Monitors SMS, texts, block numbers, and does much more.
- Robust web filtering.
- Extensive alert system.
- Several iOS device limitations.
- Less steadily responsive web interface.
MMGuardian is also very popular as well as the best parental control app. It is one parental control tool that can meet the needs of the most diverse parents out there. With thousands of loyal customers across the globe, the MMGuardian parental control app provides the best technical monitoring experience through the app. The app’s comprehensive reports give a clear picture of any child’s internet usage habits.
- Comes with a great location tracking feature.
- Makes web-filtering content easier for parents across the globe.
- Consists of the best SMS and call tracking features.
- Keeps parents up-to-date with instant alerts.
- Sets screen time limits to save children from becoming addicts.
- Enables iPhone tracking even with an android device.
- Easy-to-use and set up.
- No rooting or jailbreaking is to required.
- Different features for iOS and Android devices.
- Not very great customer support.
- Blocking SMS and calls feature only available on android.
Most frequently asked questions about parental control apps
What are parental control apps?
Parental control apps or parental monitoring apps are that free or paid tech software that parents can use to track their kids phone. The main objective of these apps is to help parents have proper knowledge about what their kids do online to ultimately guide them in the right direction.
How do parental control apps work?
Most parental control apps work in stealth mode to aid parents in analyzing their child’s behavior in the virtual world.